Untitled poem

 



Untitled by Adeline McGill

These I have loved throughout my days
Within my soul and outward gaze.
Arts beguile me and lift me high
into another world - who can deny
the pleasure gained from music played,
the written word and art displayed?

I eagerly in bookshops sought
precious books, which I then bought,
and reading, as the plot unfurled
was spellbound in the author's world.
Within these pages of truth and fiction
I discovered my own form of addiction.

I fell, too, beneath the spell
of music, listening well
to composers, small and great
My pleasure would not abate
for still by music i am entranced,
enwrapped in sound - my life enhanced.

I love, too, the visual arts
which being seen, great joy imparts.
My sense of beauty is seduced
by life on film or canvas, reproduced.
Whilst dramatic plays in any dimension
receives my love and rapt attention.

And yet, creative art is my great love
invoking powers sent from above.
To think - to write, one's skill employ
however humble, brings me joy.
Whilst music that's in harmony
creates the energy to set me free.



















Comments

Popular Posts